Griffin Air Savings Programs - Save Money!
Griffin Air of Hartfield Virginia put together a Fact Sheet on why you should have your air conditioning system cleaned and serviced at least once or twice a year.
Why should have your system cleaned?
- Just like your car, your HVAC system accumulates debris, wear and tear with use over time. Griffin Air LLC offers flexible preventive maintenance service programs to our customers to help you avoid costly breakdowns and service interruption. This includes complete system inspection and cleaning, filter changes, tests for leakage and more.
What happens if I do NOT have my system cleaned/serviced regularly?
- FACT: 9 out of 10 system failures are caused by dirt and dust. (LCES) Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service.
- FACT: Clean systems restore capacity and reduce running time. Translation: Savings on monthly heating/cooling bills (LCES).
- FACT: A buildup of .042 inches of dirt on a heating or cooling coil can result in a decrease in efficiency of 21% (EPA) Environmental Protection Agency.
- FACT: Most commercially purchased fiberglass filters are only 7% efficient in stopping dirt, dust, pollen, etc. From passing through it. (ASHRAE)
- FACT: 50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air. (American College of Allergists)
- FACT: One out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to the fungi and bacteria in air duct systems. (Total Health & Better Health Magazines)
- FACT: Legionaire's disease was' spawned in air conditioning ducts. It killed 29 people in 1976. (American Lung Association)
- FACT: In the summer of 1988, at least 7 people died in the los angeles area from legionaire's disease. (Modesto-September 22, 1988)
- FACT: Our investigation of over 440 buildings found that 52% of the laq problems were directly caused by dirty contaminated hvac systems and inadequate ventilation. (National Institute of Occupational Safety & Health)
- FACT: The elderly, asthmatics, and people with breathing problems, allergies, and lung diseases are also likely to be more sensitive to pollutants. (Dept. of Consumer Affairs)
- FACT: Most people spend 90% of their time indoors. (American Lung Association)
- Why purchase a GASP? What is included with the GASP (Griffin Air Service Program)?
- Very low payment program
- Includes two service checkups and system cleaning semi-annually
- 33% discount for service calls
- 20% discount on labor for EVERYTHING
- Maintained systems operate at peak performance saving money on energy bills
- Maintained systems have fewer breakdowns
- No contract cancellation fees
What are some of the services provided during a GASP service?
- A thorough examination of system components including coils and contactors - Over time, coils may become dirt incrusted. Dirty coils cause a cooling system to work less efficiently. A unit with dirty coils uses more electricity, cools less effectively, and places undo stress on the compressor. Likewise, burned contactors compromise the efficiency of a cooling system and can cause damage to the compressor. An annual inspection allows a technician to identify dirty coils and burned out contactors before they cause long term damage to your system. It is much cheaper to have your coils cleaned or your contactors replaced than it is to replace a compressor.
- Examination of air filters - Clean air filters improve the efficiency of your system and improve the quality of air circulating through your home or place of business.
- Cleaning and treatment of condensation lines - Clogged condensation lines and drain lines can cause water (moisture accumulated by your air conditioning system) to leak through your ceilings or walls. Our cooling inspection also includes an algaecide treatment to reduce the growth of algae and bacteria which can clog your drain lines.
- Examination of electric components - Worn electrical components can create a fire hazard or can cause your unit to unexpectedly break down.
- Pictures! Griffin Air will take pictures of components during system checkups. What you can't see without climbing, squeezing, taking apart, etc. Griffin Air will show you!
Do you service my system?
Griffin Air offers a full range of services for central heating and cooling systems, including air conditioners, electric and gas powered furnaces, and heat pumps.